- To provide relief from poverty, sickness and distress in any part of the world and in particular the continent of Africa, and in furtherance of this object to provide relief by the provision of facilities of all kinds, support services and equipment generally calculated to reduce the need, hardship or distress of such persons, and to promote awareness of poverty in Africa and elsewhere generally.
- mission is to cultivate self-reliance in Southern Africa by empowering disadvantaged rural communities to effect fundamental and sustainable improvements in their own lives. Though a world without poverty may seem unattainable, ASAP Africa recognizes the enormous potential of what people can achieve by working together.
is a registered charity committed to improving educational opportunity in Africa . Based in Reading and Bristol, we are run in the UK exclusively by volunteers. As our name suggests, we work to place redundant working computers, donated by firms and other computer users in the UK , in to schools in southern Africa . Usually these are state and mission secondary schools and all schools receive the computers free of charge. Through our teams in the recipient countries we prepare and install the computers, give training to teachers in IT for each school in the scheme and ensure responsible disposal of the computers at the end of use.
- We help to bring God’s comfort, healing and renewal to those affected by disasters. And when the dust settles and the headlines change, we stay to provide ongoing assistance to those in need.
- is a non-profit organization that promotes sustainable solutions to poverty by making grants to locally-run organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. IDEX funds 23 grassroots organizations in Bangladesh, Guatemala, India, Mexico, Nepal, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- works with communities and households (particularly households headed by single-mother) to increase access to secure and sustainable sources of food and livelihood. Initiatives include increased access to credit, environmental rehabilitation and improving community access to water, health care, education and training. Oxfam also helps to strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to address issues of poverty and inequality and to improve democratic structures and function, including accountability to constituents.