Best Child Sponsorship Organizations
- Founded over 70 years ago, Plan is number eight on our list of Best Child Sponsorship Organization. It is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. We work in 48 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty.
- Plan works with more than 3,500,000 families and their communities each year.
- Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
7. SOS Children
- Supported by sponsors and donors worldwide, our children’s charity provides a new family (in amazing Children’s Villages) for over 60,000 children in 123 countries and helps almost a million more people through our projects around the world.
- supports children in the community with “home support” for child-led families (where the parents have died of HIV-AIDS), medical care, food security projects, schooling and training, trauma counselling (for children caught in conflict) and other support.
- Our main role is helping poor children whose parents are not there for them. They may be AIDS orphans, street children, child soldiers or children orphaned by war, poverty or natural disasters. We give these children a mother and a family in a home within an SOS Children’s village. In places where there is a high rate of child abandonment, we run programmes to help strengthen vulnerable families and keep them together.
- Ministering in: Algeria Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Côte d’Ivoire Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Democratic Republic of the Congo Egypt Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia Gambia, The Ghana Guinea Guinea-Bissau Kenya Lesotho Liberia Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritius Morocco Mozambique Namibia Niger Nigeria Rwanda Senegal Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Sudan Swaziland Tanzania Togo Tunisia Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe
- A Christian, international, nonprofit relief organization with headquarters in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is number six on our list of Best Child Sponsorship Organization. It that delivers food, medicine, clothing and other necessities to individuals, children and families who lack these essentials due to famine, war, poverty, or natural disaster in Africa and around the world.
- Provides sponsored child with what he/she needs to grow healthy and thrive. Gifts will provide access to: education, nourishing meals, clean water, medical care and training opportunities. Your monthly contribution will be combined with those of other sponsors whose children are enrolled in the same area to maximize the impact of your donation community-wide.
- Working in: Ghana, Sri Lanka, India, Paraguay, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nicaragua and Tanzania. It is number five on our list of Best Child Sponsorship Organization.
- Adopt a Village is Free The Children’s unique holistic development program that supports four aspects of community development. Through this multi-faceted approach, children and their families are truly empowered to break out of poverty.
- Education: School Building and educational programming provide communities with outfitted schools and the programming support needed for quality education.
- Healthcare: From mobile health clinics to lunch programs, these initiatives prevent disease and improve community health.
- Alternative Income: Micro-credit loans, skills training and small business capital empower women to better support their families.
- Water and Sanitation: Access to clean water improves health and reduces the burden of chores placed on girls, so that they can go to school and receive an education
- Working in: China, Kenya, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka. It is number four on our list of Best Child Sponsorship Organization.
- Is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
- Working in Angola, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda
2. World Vision
- Offers a one-to-one relationship between you and your sponsored child. More than a million sponsors in the U.S worldwide enjoy this relationship. You can correspond, pray for your sponsored child and receive regular reports on their progress.
- Working in Angola Burundi Chad Democratic Republic of Congo Ethiopia Ghana Kenya Lesotho Liberia Malawi Mali Mauritania Mozambique Niger Rwanda Senegal Sierra Leone Somali South Africa Sudan Swaziland Tanzania Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe
- Connects you with a child in a loving relationship that will change his or her life — and yours! You can: exchange letters, photos, prayers. Become a friend. Provide opportunities for education, health and personal development and Most important, your child will learn about Jesus in a church-based program in his or her neighbourhood.
- Working in: Burkina Faso Ethiopia Ghana Kenya Rwanda Tanzania Uganda Bangladesh India Indonesia Philippines Thailand Dominican Republic El Salvador Guatemala Haiti Honduras Mexico NicaraguaBolivia Brazil Colombia Ecuador and Peru.