Gereif Bible School
- Sudanese students have an especially difficult time going to school full-time while also earning a living to support their families. The Outreach Foundation is committed to raising funds to help them remain in school and become ministers to people in the Sudan.
- Funds will provide three $1,000 scholarships at Gereif Bible School and one $2,000 scholarship at Nile Theological College.
Gideon Theological College, Khartoum
- The Outreach Foundation does not select individual students to receive scholarships. Instead they rely on the wisdom of their partners to make such awards. $750-$3,000 per student per year-provides scholarships for seminary students
Nile Theological College, Khartoum North
- was founded in 1991 by the Sudan Presbyterian Evangelical Church (SPEC) and the Presbyterian Church of Sudan to provide extensive pastoral and evangelical training for men and women at the baccalaureate level.
- The college also trains Christian education specialists as part of an effort to qualify teachers of the Christian faith to teach in Sudan’s schools. The two churches operate the college through an independent board. Classes at the college are in English and center around the Bible, Christian doctrine and history, and practical Christian living. After five years of study, including a preparatory year in which students focus on Bible content and English, students are awarded bachelor of arts degrees.
- Staff: Sue Ellen Hall and Barry Almy and Betsy McCormick