- is a non-profit organization that promotes sustainable solutions to poverty by making grants to locally-run organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. IDEX funds 23 grassroots organizations in Bangladesh, Guatemala, India, Mexico, Nepal, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- works with communities and households (particularly households headed by single-mother) to increase access to secure and sustainable sources of food and livelihood. Initiatives include increased access to credit, environmental rehabilitation and improving community access to water, health care, education and training. Oxfam also helps to strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to address issues of poverty and inequality and to improve democratic structures and function, including accountability to constituents.
- Aims are to: Improve educational resources for schools in Africa and Foster non-political links between UK schools and African schools
- Objectives are to: Increase the supply of used books, educational materials and sporting goods from donor schools in the UK; Expand the recycling activities and logistics to transport the goods to needy African schools; Increase the number of schools in the UK and Africa that donate and receive goods and facilitate their non-political, educational links; Co-operate with other charitable organisations in Africa & the UK, whose mission is educational in nature and Use available funds to buy educational resources from African suppliers thus stimulating the local economy.
Primary Schools: Grassy Park, Motshekgo, Sparrow Village and Stanford. Secondary Schools: Bhekilanga, Glendale, Likhakeng, Quagamba, Tsosoloso and Umquele.
- will support community self-help schemes that: grow food to improve nutrition, encourage initiatives by women and children, support those affected by HIV/AIDS, make sustainable improvements to the environment and generate income in their communities.