- works with children, their families, communities, organisations and local governments to implement programmes at grassroots level in health, education, water and sanitation, income generation and cross-cultural communication.
- We ensure that children are involved in all aspects of our programmes, working with adults who have learnt to value their contribution.
- Sport has a natural and universal power to engage and motivate, to move and educate, to open dialogue and create positive change.
- harnesses the universal love of play to engage children and youth in regular, organized play activities that address critical challenges like the lack of basic education, lack of health information and the impact of conflict on both the individual and community networks and support systems.
- is the only UK charity entirely devoted to helping street children across Africa. We work in partnership with African organizations who adopt a street based approach to seek out and befriend street children, offering them guidance from trustworthy adults, education, medical care, baby care, skills training, vocational sponsorship, a place in the community, and a chance to choose a different path in life.
MENINOS DE MOÇAMBIQUE – Meninos de Moçambique is the partner we fund in Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE. This is a country ravaged by unemployment, HIV/Aids, and crippling poverty. As we have seen in so many instances, it is out of this mix that street children emerge.